Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Heading into law school, I knew three irrefutable facts:
1, I was a good mom.
2, Lawyers are vital to people’s lives.
And
3, When all else fails in life, bake a cheesecake and call it a day.

Now, several years later, law school is complete and I’ve learned that “irrefutable facts” are almost always refutable. Except number three. Baking a cheesecake is always a good idea.

So here are my post-law school discoveries about my life:
1, Being a good mom is relative, and my relatives bolster my talents when I’m struggling.
2, Everyone hates a lawyer, until they’re knee deep in troubled waters.
And
3. When there’s a choice to be made; to lullaby the baby or lawyer in the office, there’s really no choice at all, just another all-nighter.

Where blogging fits into the equation, I’m not certain yet. But we’ll figure it out. After all, there's cheesecake!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new blog! Following from the This for That linky! Would come follow me back? I have two blogs listed in my profile, Christ-Like Mommy and Christ-Like Mommy Homeschool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cheesecake thought, wish I had the skills to bake one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you've heard all the bad lawyer jokes out there too!

    Please check your email because you won a Bakery on Main giveaway on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete